1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole School Numeracy Day

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CosmicStar, Sep 4, 2011.

1. CosmicStar

CosmicStar New commenter

Numeracy is a priority in our school this year and I am just taking over
    the subject. Has anyone run a successful Numeracy Day in their school
    or have any ideas on what to do or how to run one? Our school is quite
    large and ranges from reception to Year 4. All ideas would be greatfully recieved.

2. CosmicStar

CosmicStar New commenter

Numeracy is a priority in our school this year and I am just taking over
    the subject. Has anyone run a successful Numeracy Day in their school
    or have any ideas on what to do or how to run one? Our school is quite
    large and ranges from reception to Year 4. All ideas would be greatfully recieved.

3. We had a numeracy week a few years ago and had a numeracy theme running through all the other subjects. For example in pe we did orienteering in art we looked at repeating patterns and shape. We cooked (using measures) etc.it worked really well.

4. We are going to be taking part in the NSPCC's Number day on Friday 2 December 2011.
    If you want more details, then look at their page here:
    http://www.nspcc.org.uk/get-involved/fundraise-for-us/at-school-or-nursery/number-day/number-day-hub_wdh78723.html
    They have lots of ideas from other schools and they will also send you some resources too.
    I think its a good way of practising maths skills as well as raising money for a worthy cause.

xx

5. CosmicStar

CosmicStar New commenter

Thank you! These ideas are both fab!