1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Whole school mentoring programmes that work?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by minnie me, Apr 12, 2011.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Hi I suspect that not one size fits all and most schools have variations on a theme when it comes to mentoring and intervention strategies. I was asked once to ' mentor' a group of Y 11 students .I asked for the evaluation of the impact of the mentoring on the previous year's co hort before I committed to the time .No one could provide any evidence as to how the programme had improved the performance of the students.I am heartened by your references to things like self esteem - in my place the mentoring by staff was only there to attempt to boost grades. Does your school do PASS or something similar ? You cd run this programme post and ante intervention and see what the results show. Sorry this may have been of no help !