1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole class BM system

Discussion in 'Primary' started by xhelen1989x, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I will be starting my first teaching position in January with Year 2 and just trying to get everything prepared for when I start.
    I'm thinking of an effective behaviour management system to use within the classroom, as at the moment there isn't one.
    I was thinking either to use the traffic light system with each childs name on a car, with green, yellow and red circles.
    Or the star/sun/cloud/raincloud with each childs name on a hot air balloon. At the beginning of the day the children can begin on the sun and that way they can move up or down.
    Any other ideas which have worked well? I haven't bene in Year 2 before!
    Helen :) x

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

before you decide find out if the school's behaviour policy stipulates a whole school approach

3. Theres not whole school approach, they said I can do what I like! Just unsure what they most effective wold be for Year 2!

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

It depends on the school and on the children and the teacher so there is no definitive answer personally I hate the sun cloud car rocket display but whatever works for you

5. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

Our whole school approach is the traffic light system and it works really well. All children start on green then move to amber then red after warnings. We let parents know if their child gets onto red more than once in a week.
    It works well for us! :0)