1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole class addition games

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by confuddled_angel, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Hi :)
    I'm in need of some advice, I've been asked for an interview on Friday in a reception class, and I've been asked to teach a "stimulating learning experience" (!!) based on "relates addition by combining two groups" I can think of ideas that I could do as group work on this (items in two bowls - count them together, spots on ladybird, etc), and some that I would have done as a whole class 5-10 min activity in my last class (which was reception) but they've asked me to teach it for 25-30 minutes, which seems too long for these activities as they'd be sitting on the carpet for most of the time - and not all children would be involved. I was wondering if anybody had any great ideas to get the whole class involved and keep them motivated for the amount of time I have? Having a total blank and panicking a bit because it seems so close - I only heard that I had an interview last night!
    Thanks alot for any help, it's much appreciated!!
    xxx