1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 18, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I just watched a ''Very'' advert with someone called 'Sam' and her doing stuff [which is just an advert] ... but people in the advert seemed to react to her like she was someone significant...

Anyone got a clue?

And on a more general note... I have no idea who a lot of ''celebrities'' are these days... a lot of these reality shows leave me cold, not got a clue who they are.

2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I must say I agree. Luckily my kids are able to identify these people for me but then I instantly forget them. I still don't know who Joey Essex is. I am struggling to make sense of the BBC advert featuring the teenage boy in the amusement arcade who is joined by his mother. I don't get what the heck it is advertising.

sabrinakat, nomad and lanokia like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I've heard his name [have I got the right gender?]

But I couldn't pick him out of a crowd.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..but on the plus side you've got all your own teeth.

Welcome to old age @lanokia .

nomad and (deleted member) like this.
  5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

He thought it would never happen.
    Ho, Ho, Ho!

magic surf bus and nomad like this.
  6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I probably could, given a photograph, a SAKO TRG 42 Finnish long-range sniper rifle and a 'double-0' licence.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Barrett M82 and M90 in South Armagh.

8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It’s not intended to be an advert. It’s a Christmas ‘thi g’ designed to explain to us all how we should keep our nearest and dearest close at Christmas.

Apparently, it has made some people emotional. Not me.

9. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Many thanks for the explanation, foxtail. I must say the "excerpt" for want of a better word has made me emotional ……..very cross...…. because it drags on forever and delays the start of the programme I have switched on to watch.

foxtail3 likes this.
  10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I thought the sad boy thing was just a promo for watching BBC this Christmas. It was the launch of their Christmas programmes.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'd be sad too if I had to watch BBC programmes over Christmas.

sabrinakat and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  12. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

To be honest it makes me emotional every time I see it because it reminds me of how I let work take over my life and neglect my kids (pre-breakdown). When I return to work I’ve vowed to change my ways. I also liked the dad and the dancing daughter last Christmas.
    I don’t know anyone from Love Island, Hollyoaks, TOWIE or Made in Chelsea but my kids would know them all.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I solved that by not having kids. Now I just neglect myself.

1 person likes this.