1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who would you vote for? (This time including the Brexit Party)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JL48, May 21, 2019.

?

Which party would you vote for in the upcoming Euro elections?

Poll closed May 28, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2.0%
  2. Labour

5.9%
  3. Lib Dem

37.3%
  4. Green

9.8%
  5. Brexit

35.3%
  6. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SNP

7.8%
  8. PC - Party of Wales / Change UK

2.0%
  9. NI - pro Brexit (DUP etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. NI - anti Brexit (SF, Alliance etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

I could get one if I could find my grandparents birth certificates - unfortunately they got burned in the fires caused by the Easter uprising in Dublin in 1916!

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I'm happy to acknowledge that l would certainly alter the way l expressed some things l have posted in the past.

I'd be a bit worried about anyone who said the opposite, to be honest.

ilovesooty likes this.
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Have you done such a thing here in the past?

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I don't know. I have voted, however.

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I doubt that they would get much support to stand for Westminster, so people probably aren't that bothered - they don't see the European Parliament as anything worthwhile, so sending a ragbag of undesirables there is probably what a lot of their voters want.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

No Brexit Party on my list. No Change UK party. No Lib Dems. We did have a Green.

8. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

And an Orange?

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I voted this morning (SNP) Polling station was pretty quiet... husband said it was still quiet when he went in around 5pm.

10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Not exactly the same, but I suspect the same cause (the government leaving the decision to hold the election too late for proper preparation):

We were held up for a few minutes at the polling station by a young chap in front of us being told that he could not vote because he was down for a postal vote, but that it had not arrived. He said the form had not arrived, which was why he had taken time off to attend the polling station. He was unhelpfully told that his vote would be counted if he brought the form in by 10pm tonight! His reply was something along the lines of "Do you want me to raid Royal Mail's Sorting Office?". :confused:

11. averagedan

averagedan Occasional commenter

Just voted, queues in my area which voted remain heavily..... I think in the general election we'll be switching our MP to the LibDems judging by all the posters and canvassing in the area.

coffeekid likes this.
  12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

You can not go by the number of pf posters seen or even the queue of people voting. or indeed by the words they say when asked if they voted in a certain way.
    My wife, when she voted at polling stations, used to tell them she would vote for all of them.

13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Is the Union and Sovereignty Party standing?

14. averagedan

averagedan Occasional commenter

The number of posters compared to last time is huge (and I mean posters that people have actively chosen to put up in their windows, the ones you have to go out of your way to get) and we're in the top few areas for remain votes.... It's circumstantial for sure.

No idea what it's got to do with your wife at a polling station.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  15. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

It wouldn't surprise me if the turnout wasn't significantly higher than in most previous Euro elections. Not sure that it will benefit either side particularly as the country is pretty divided still.

16. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Very low turnout in my area - the tellers said it was the lowest they've ever seen. This is blue-rinse brigade country which voted remain.

17. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Atypical remainers, surely.

18. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I went to vote half an hour before closing. They said turnout was just about on the same level as the council elections.

19. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

And three different Sir Henry variations voting for the Brexit party in the poll now, two of whom were both logged in and active yesterday.

monicabilongame likes this.
  20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Add to that the usernames kept handy in the sock drawer for when they are required to recover from a ban and you end up with very few regular posters who support Brexit. It's all about talking loud and BS. It's a puzzle to me what's in it for them.

You'd think their devotion to the Brexit cause had something to do with what the pope said, wouldn't you?