1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who would you vote for? (This time including the Brexit Party)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JL48, May 21, 2019.

?

Which party would you vote for in the upcoming Euro elections?

Poll closed May 28, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2.0%
  2. Labour

5.9%
  3. Lib Dem

37.3%
  4. Green

9.8%
  5. Brexit

35.3%
  6. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SNP

7.8%
  8. PC - Party of Wales / Change UK

2.0%
  9. NI - pro Brexit (DUP etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. NI - anti Brexit (SF, Alliance etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Turn out isn’t enough to be indicative about proportions. Reckon the Libs will be detoxified by this though. Any future GE with tactical voting could see a smart electorate return a clear coalition between Libs, SNP and whoever wants to stop Brexit.

2. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

I’m not too sure if I’m real either.

If the people who voted aren’t real what’s the purpose behind it - it’s not as though the result here means anything!

3. xmal

xmal Occasional commenter

Some people are so entrenched in their own beliefs they can't accept anyone has opposing views. Confirmation bias.
    [​IMG]

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

You've only contributed 8 times yet you've felt able to assert that?

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I wasn't referring to you. There are certainly sock accounts on the vote list though.

6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

It does fascinate certain posters, because (I reckon) they see it as an easy way to counter your view(s), and thus dismiss anything else you say. It is remarkably similar to Francois and Self. Francois either truly didn't see the difference (demonstrating enormous idiocy), or pretended not to see, in order to play a persecuted victim role, and score points.

Maybe you did write "All Leave voters are racist". Frank. Quite a few are claiming you did. Unfortunately no evidence remains.

cissy3 likes this.
  7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I'll be honest. I may have done. I can't say for sure (& I'm certainly not searching back through 21,000+ posts to find out!:D). But I'm happy now to agree with Self, and with the Venn diagram I posted, but has now been removed.:mad:

PS https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1KOpMgWwAAzOYi.jpg ;)

cissy3, nomad and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  8. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I just cant believe that Frank would say such a thing. It is just not like him.

lanokia and theselofane like this.
  9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

:rolleyes:

10. evgeniya_oliynyk

evgeniya_oliynyk New commenter

A clear win for Brexit - and I think also a clear indication throughout the EU that its days are over.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  11. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

:D

12. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

I thought it was an open (if moderated) forum
    I am with Voltaire here (I may disagree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it)

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh no... we can't be having that sort of thing... this is 2019 after all.

Oscillatingass likes this.
  14. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

Problems:

The Conservatives: conserve nothing.

Labour: A middle class politically correct liberal party who have no interest in their traditional, working class voters. Now owned by the SJW brigade.

The Liberal Democrats: Neither Liberal or Democratic to want a second referendum when the first one doesn't go your way.

Change UK - The Independent Group: in what sense does a party, including a candidate with the name Johnson, who wants to remain within the EU, coupled with a liberal, globalist outlook, represent change?

UKIP: obsessed with Islam and taken over by some internet people who make videos. A sinking ship. Good.

The Greens: the antithesis of UKIP but with more authoritarianism. A party for rich people who like to virtue signal their conscience to the less well off.

The Brexit Party: A party gaining support from Northern England (traditional Labour) and the Shires (traditional Conservatives). Led by a shyster yet incredibly popular, particularly from those parties the rest of the above treat with condescension (omitting UKIP).

lanokia and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  15. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

Extremist.

16. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

We can and I accept your point of view even though I don’t agree with it (thinks: now where did I put that milkshake?!)

lanokia likes this.
  17. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Good for you Frank for admitting that you might have done.

In case anyone's wondering (which they probably aren't), I'm not some sort of Frank fanboy - there are quite a few of his posts I disagree with. However I did want to probe deeper into this infamous assertion that is referred to numerous times by others.

FrankWolley likes this.
  18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry I was being mildly sarcastic from long experience on these boards.

A few posters don't understand Voltaire... you have my unwavering support for your position.

keyboard2 and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Just been to vote.
    The staff at our polling station said the turnout by 10.30 was way in excess of anything they've experienced before.
    In reality this is an unofficial second referendum........don't count the seats, count the votes.
    We live in interesting times.

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Interesting... I am curious what turnout will be... if apathy wins out...

There seems to be a lot more energy around this European Election than there was around the last General Election.

EmanuelShadrack and BelleDuJour like this.