1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who would you vote for? (This time including the Brexit Party)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JL48, May 21, 2019.

?

Which party would you vote for in the upcoming Euro elections?

Poll closed May 28, 2019.
  1. Conservative

2.0%
  2. Labour

5.9%
  3. Lib Dem

37.3%
  4. Green

9.8%
  5. Brexit

35.3%
  6. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SNP

7.8%
  8. PC - Party of Wales / Change UK

2.0%
  9. NI - pro Brexit (DUP etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. NI - anti Brexit (SF, Alliance etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Excuse me..according to Frank some 17 million folks are racist in outlook.So accordingly all leavers are racistthatmust include those on here!

Jesmond12 and border_walker like this.
  4. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

I must have missed that one.

5. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

It's that Venn diagram confusion again.

6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Mathematics, or simple logic, isn't a strong point for lots of people.

Geoff Thomas and mathsmutt like this.
  7. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

I'm one of them. Because if I could vote for real, that's how I'd vote. Now you just need to find the 19 others.

8. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Before you post more of these #LedByDonkeys billboards you might want to ask where this mysterious group comes from, who they represent and who is paying for them. Start here...
    • Led By Donkeys (LBD) have crowdfunded over £438,000 to support their anti-Brexit campaign.
    • The spending limit for Non-Party Campaigns (in England) is £159,750 – if they’re registered with the Electoral Commission.
    • LBD do not appear on the register with the Electoral Commission.
    • LBD have catalogued over 230 anti-Brexit billboards they’ve put up in England alone.
    • LBD themselves estimate the cost at £1,000 each.
    • The Electoral Commission’s guidance says that activity counts as regulated campaign spending if it is both aimed at the public (“the public test”) and is intended to influence voters to vote for or against particular parties or candidates (the purpose test”).
    • Guido has analysed every billboard put up by LBD and found that over 200 (205) directly target politicians from just two parties: the Conservatives and the Brexit Party.
    • Just 8 target politicians from any other party – over 96% are targeted at two specific parties.
    • LBD’s own stated aim is “showing our fellow citizens that this Brexit failure was founded on lies and hypocrisy”.
    • LBD have recently started producing even more sophisticated adverts directly mimicking the Brexit Party’s branding.
    • They’ve also created an entire fake website for the Brexit Party which features on their posters.
    • Design costs, staff travel, website design and hosting all also count as regulated spending.
    Here’s what we don’t know
    • Who are Led By Donkeys? They’re completely anonymous, their crowdfunder is anonymous, their fake website is registered through a third party.
    • Why are they not registered with the Electoral Commission? They’ve clearly spent over £20,000 which is the limit for registration. If they want to play a big part in an election the public has a right to know who they are.
    • How have they managed to buy over £230,000 worth of political advertising – according to their own figures – without breaching the spending limit of £159,750 in England for Non-Party Campaigners? And what’s happening to the remaining £279,000 from their crowdfunder?
    • Have their donations even come from permitted UK donors? Until they register, we just don’t know.
    https://order-order.com/2019/05/22/led-donkeys-questions-electoral-commission/

nomad and lanokia like this.
  9. PolyAmorous

PolyAmorous New commenter

But he did indeed say it, by accusing all Leave voters exactly as Oldsomeone stated above.

10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Perhaps they're a bit shy about it.

11. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Happy voting.

Take a pen.

12. EmanuelShadrack

Could you supply the EXACT QUOTE of that please olds? nomad kindly pointed me to this comment of Frank's:
    and this one is similar:
    They certainly don't say what you're claiming they say olds, as there's a rather crucial "or" in each assertion. Are you saying you are unable to see the difference?

If you want a blanket "All such-and-such...", take a leaf out of Florian's book:
    For the record, I for one do not include myself in this "we" of whom he speaks.

13. EmanuelShadrack

Where? Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't, but I haven't seen the direct evidence.

I've seen lots of comments claiming that Frank said "All Leave voters are racist", but oddly haven't seen the original quote(s) in question. Maybe I haven't been paying sufficient attention.

14. EmanuelShadrack

By the way, on a totally different topic (and apologies everyone for diverting the the thread), how can you be a student teacher, and yet have started teaching in 2011?

Am I missing something very obvious?
    PolyAmorousProfile.JPG

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I might vote Alliance.

16. PolyAmorous

Where? Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't, but I haven't seen the direct evidence.

Given his record for having posts deleted.....work it out.

17. PolyAmorous

18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The two of our sons who are vegetarian and who live in London tell me they are voting for the Animal Welfare Party in today's election. Alas, that party is not standing here in the South East. I shall probably vote Green. I cannot stand the potholes and pavements party (Lib Dems).

19. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

As what I may, or may not, have said seems to be a topic of some bizarre fascination to certain posters, both old and new (or rather old & disguised!;)), can I just say I agree pretty much with Will Self (in his debate with Mark Francois), and this illustration pretty much explains that point of view:
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

20. xmal

xmal Occasional commenter

Am I a Russian bot?! I always thought I was a real boy. I'm now suffering a real existential crisis...