1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Who would you rely upon now to tell you something was true or not?"

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Finished reading this over Christmas.

Disturbing read.

Didn't want to comment when you posted this back in October because I hadn't read it yet.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I rely on nothing I can't know of my own knowledge. There are things I have to accept a media-based report of because I have no direct experience, but faked videos, recordings, reports, pics are now so convincing and widespread it would be ridiculous to treat them with any more credulity that you would a picture postcard or something you heard at the hairdresser's.

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Great conspiracy theory. You might want to stockpile enough food for the rest of your life and disappear down your nuclear bunker sealing up the entrance behind you if you feel like that.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So you think everything in the media is true?

Fascinating...

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Do you?

Where do you get your news from?

7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I'm forced to accept it as a version, Ivar.
    Doesn't mean I accept its accuracy. It can be wrong without deliberate manipulation or conspiracy.

8. sadscientist

sadscientist Established commenter

Does the fact that you found it disturbing tell us anything about the credibility of the book?

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Should it? You might find it boring or turgid or hilarious. Not for me to say.

Though i did lend it to my father so if you really want to know I can give you an update in a month or so.. .

10. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Utter rubbish. Not even thought provoking or worth responding to. (Oops I did) Where do you make that link? From me saying you are conspiracy theorist (obvious) to you saying, and how would you know, of course you do not, to you saying I must belive everything in the media? Are you the Donald? If so, go fill up the bunker ...