1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who will be in the UK for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by yasimum, Feb 19, 2011.

1. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I am on my way! Please let me know if you will be in the UK at Christmas time or thereabouts as I would love to catch up with my old online compadres. We will first be in scandinavia and then basing ourselves around England/Scotland/Ireland for the month after Christmas. send me a message if you are interested in meeting up and perhaps it might be possible to get a few of us together. I am beside myself with excitement at the thought of flying off once more even if only for a holiday.

2. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I am on my way! Please let me know if you will be in the UK at Christmas time or thereabouts as I would love to catch up with my old online compadres. We will first be in scandinavia and then basing ourselves around England/Scotland/Ireland for the month after Christmas. send me a message if you are interested in meeting up and perhaps it might be possible to get a few of us together. I am beside myself with excitement at the thought of flying off once more even if only for a holiday.

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Bllody hell, Christmas planning gets earlier every year!

4. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Yes, yes I know. It isn't really 'Christmas' planning as such. I have been stuck here for so long now, I am amusing myself with planning an itinerary. Cannot help myself.

5. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

And don't be such a big old scrooge.

6. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I only sent free online cards last year, couldn't bring myself to spend money on that side of things. Was that wrong of me? [​IMG]

7. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Terribly wrong! Nah, I never send any sort of cards. I resent paying anywhere between 5-7 bucks on a card that is going to get chucked in the bin. We get so many cards at Christmas and it is such a busy time at work with the end of the school year, that if truth be told I rip 'em open and stick them straight in the card holder thingy and then take them to Planet Ark for recycling.
    People are starting to get the message and don't send me so many cards these days.

8. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Actually, I didn't even send e-cards last year. I have been in hibernation for the last couple of years though.

9. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

The very first thing I am going to do when I get to London is catch the train from Victoria to Beckenham and walk from the station to where I used to live. I loved that walk.
    I don't even remember the stops now. Was it Clapham. Battersea Brixton, Dulwich. I really can't remember. Will have to go look that line up now.

10. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

Victoria?
    Beckenham?
    Isn't she some kind of footballers wife or something?
    (Corny jokes, my speciality. It's in my genes) [​IMG]