1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who was your first ever crush?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bacardibreezer, Apr 14, 2011.

1. bacardibreezer

bacardibreezer New commenter

Replying to the thread about the sexiest men got me thinking about how I would have answered years ago. I then started remembering those childhood crushes.
    At the age of seven, I was obsessed with Tony Curtis (particularly his Danny character in The Persuaders) and by the age of eight had to switch on the telly every Sunday evening to watch Doctor in Charge to watch George Layton as Dr Collier. At thirteen, it was Anthony Valentine as Raffles, soon followed by Tony Veredeschi (played by Tony Anholt) in Space 1999.
    I wonder whether I will cringe as much about today's choice of 'sexy men' in another 40 odd years!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Mick Jagger when I was 6 years old!
    My tastes then 'matured' and over the pre-pubescent/early teens I went through (in my dreams!) Tony Curtis, Oliver Reed (always loved a bad boy), Manolito from High Chaparral, Lesley Crowther (God, what WAS I thinking but maybe this came before Mick Jagger....the memory isn't as good as it was!), David Cassidy (swoon!), Donny Osmond (reserve incase Cassidy lost my phone number!), the guy who played Marty Hopkirk in Randall & Hopkirk Deceased, Pete Duel/ Ben Murphy/Pete Duel/ Ben Murphy.....never could make my mind up but on balance went for PD until the silly fool shot himself and no doubt a few more that even I am too embarrassed to mention (more so than Lesley Crowther, but on second thoughts I think I was about 4 then and looked on him as a father figure!)

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

[​IMG]

Bronco Laine.
    I used to kiss the tele!

5. bacardibreezer

[​IMG]

Yes, when I was about seven I rather liked him too. Kenneth Cope - he was in Coronation Street as 'Sunny Jim' (so my mum tells me) and turned up again a couple of years ago as part of the 'Murdering Tony' story.

6. bacardibreezer

That reminds me of the (very short-lived, I hope!) 'thing' I had for the John Inman character in Are You Being Served. I was eleven and consider ths to be a mere blip in my judgement![​IMG]

7. [​IMG]
    Jacques Dutronc
    A big crush of mine in the 60s - in France

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

We all have them! Sadly I went out with one of my blips! Dumped him and kept the horse I'd got for him. Fair exchange IMO [​IMG]

9. I've been trying to remember what was 'permitted' TV....
    We were allowed to watch The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe some days. ...Haunting music, but I don't recall him ever escaping...every school holiday he was back on that island!
    And the occassional repeat of Ivanhoe (Roger Moore...not really my type even back then) or Robin Hood (Richard Greene)...but only once in a while.
    Birthdad loved Benny Hill and Candid Camera so those were our Saturday evening shows. Plus the occasional Saturday Night at The London Palladium...if the guest stars were deemed suitable.
    However.....if we could sneak it in, I remember guiltily watching The Man From U.N.C.L.E...and thought David McCallum was rather cute. (And it's such a joy to see him in NCIS.....)

10. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Actually I've just remembered a crush thanks to theJohn Inman confession. I'm embarrassed to say that Lennie Bennett rocked my world for a brief time when he presented Punchlines. What was I thinking??

12. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Oh dear, Captain Scarlet.....

13. One of The Champions.
    [​IMG]
    The middle one.

14. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Yes! Stuart Damon.

15. bacardibreezer

That comment sounds wrong on so many levels! [​IMG]

16. I just remembered - Atticus Finch

[​IMG]

17. David Cassidy...... Mr. McDougal my teacher in Primary 5, then a crush on Abba (yes, all of them...... bawled my eyes out when they started getting divorced!) and then my science teacher, Mr. Price when I hit secondary school.... followed by sheer blown lust for Oliver Tobias!

18. Michael Praed in Robin of Sherwood. In idle moments I find myself googling images of him even now. He was utterly gorgeous.

19. I was a Woody fan!

20. Now that may just be a reason to invest in a television! (Or are they available on DVD?)
    In 'Mother Love' he was gorgeoussssssssssssss!