1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who wants to help me on a summer holiday hunt?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by skt107, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I've decided that now (whilst it's snowing...!), it's time to think about a summer holiday!
    Me and my friend are both 27 and looking for somewhere when we can enjoy sunshine, cocktails, nice restaurants and a little bit of nightlife, but want to avoid anything chavvy!
    Suggestions please!

2. I've decided that now (whilst it's snowing...!), it's time to think about a summer holiday!
    Me and my friend are both 27 and looking for somewhere when we can enjoy sunshine, cocktails, nice restaurants and a little bit of nightlife, but want to avoid anything chavvy!
    Suggestions please!

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Have you considered Eastern Europe?
    I'm thinking Germany (what used to be the Eastern Zone) and the Czech Republic - maybe Poland too.
    Maybe not the sunniest spot...but the food is really good - I love East European food. The larger towns have night-life.....if you can travel, some German towns like Berlin have great night life! And it is relatively cheap (Berlin not so much....but worth doing!)....but not that chavvy!

4. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Poland will be chavvy this summer......Euro 2012 !

5. Hmmm Eastern Europe sounds good actually...think we would still like a beach spot though. Although good food is a must :)

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

The Czech Republic does have beaches - man-made ones as the country has no coastline!
    Some of them are (so I have been told!!!!!) nudist beaches.

7. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Plenty of them where I live, too (SW France ) !
    Seriously, the Atlantic coast has the best beaches in France, miles of fine golden sand and never crowded as they're so big ! Just DO look out for the nudist ones ( they do warn you that it's that type of beach ! )

8. Hahaha! A nudist beach is not something I've ever experienced...and not sure whether I'd want to [​IMG]
    Oooh I am excited now! Must keep hunting.... :)