1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who to put as a reference on job applications?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by sunnydaysarebest, May 13, 2012.

1. Hello all.
    I have been working as a volunteer/supply TA and am looking for a permanent position in a different school.
    Is it usual on job applications to use the headteacher as a referee or the class teacher that you have worked with most?
    Thanks

2. Hello all.
    I have been working as a volunteer/supply TA and am looking for a permanent position in a different school.
    Is it usual on job applications to use the headteacher as a referee or the class teacher that you have worked with most?
    Thanks

3. Hi Most applications forms have space for two. I have put down the phase leader for the KS I worked in and the class teacher. Would the Head Teacher really know what you do? Are they sort to ask or just write a bog standard reference?

4. glenn_xp

glenn_xp New commenter

I've been told child protection rules mean you have to put the head teacher down. The head will then farm it out to whoever the relevent person was to fill in. If there is space for two references Id try to give people from two different organisations rather than two people from the same school.

5. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

I put phase leader, and someone from my previous job (which wasn't in a school)