1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

WHo should I go to and what should I do

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by BuryFCA1, May 26, 2011.

  1. BuryFCA1

    BuryFCA1 New commenter

    Just give her one
  2. johnblack

    johnblack New commenter

    Not the troll like or humorous advice I wanted![​IMG]
  3. weezadance1

    weezadance1 New commenter

    - helpful.

    You need to discuss it wiht your line manager - even if this is someone on SMT who is close to her. If you feel you can't say that this is out of hand to her directly then ask the advice of the SMT.
    If you're worried that their friendship with her might make it difficult then ask them if you're over reacting or being 'silly'. You're not, and they should see that no matter what their relationship with her is.
  4. If not taken seriously get your union to ring your Head. She might get worse. Make sure you have a door behind you when in same room for quick exit and get away quick if left alone. It isn't on to be treated like this and not funny. Imagine if a man did something similar to a woman!
  5. Middlemarch

    Middlemarch Star commenter

    I'd treat any behaviour of this kind the same no matter what the gender of the miscreant and I resent the implication that I didn't take you seriously because you're a man.
    You need to remember that we get an awful lot of trolly threads alleging such incidents on TES. We've even had a lengthy thread in which a troll claimed to be the son of a regular poster who had died suddenly.
    If you'd been clearer - and I note that at least one other person mentioned your class having witnessed it (because you said this teacher had inrerrupted your lesson) and you failed to correct this inference - I would have been less cynical.
    My advice would be to report such an incident in person to the head. Put it also in writing and let him/her deal with it.

Share This Page