1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who plans during phased return?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by stuffedcrust, Apr 10, 2012.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

During an Occ Health meeting with my Head, I requested help with planing. Since beginning my phased return, I haven't had any support in that area and have been doing it all myself. After Easter, I shall be working three full days for the first week back. Who is responsible for the planning for the other 2 days?

2. In my case HOD. She is new and super and has been in constant touch - at my request - since my accident, copying me into work emails etc but with the rider that it's entirely up to me if I feel like opening them. I can't think who the hell would be doing it if it weren't my HOD! If I'd felt a bit sidelined like this, I think I'd be sending him?her an email stating the obvious - "part of my OH rtw was that planning woud be attended to. May I ask how that is progressing? Please sned me what you've got so I can be prepared upon my return" kind of thing.
    My own thought is that most teachers are so one-second-behind on their own planing that yours has maybe taken a back seat? But someone else is PAID to do this. So get them to do it!

3. I did all my own lesson preparation when I went through a phased return after an illness some years ago.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Surely you plan the lessons you're teaching? Doesn't everyone?

5. stuffedcrust

Lilachardy - I requested help regarding what to cover etc as it's a year group I haven't taught before. I have been planning for the lessons I have taught, I asked who would plan for those I don't...

6. stuffedcrust

Thanks deliasmithbook. My line manager is the DH. When I explained that the Head had promised me help re planning, she simply said she can't help me, she knows nothing about Y3... Doubt there's much point in me asking again! None of the agreements made in the Occ Health meeting have been honoured!

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

As I said, doesn't everyone plan for the lessons they teach?
    I'm not sure you read the implication that the other teacher plans for the lessons they teach.