1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who plans during a phased return?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stuffedcrust, Apr 10, 2012.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

During an Occ Health meeting with my Head, I requested help with planing. Since beginning my phased return, I haven't had any support in that area and have been doing it all myself. After Easter, I shall be working three full days for the first week back. Who is responsible for the planning for the other 2 days? Thanks!

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

In short whoever is covering your other 2 days.You should have been told by now who is covering,,but as so often happens you don find out til you get back to school
    Be careful as the head will be expecting a full weeks work.with you doing the imput.then the other teacher/ta/supply takes yoru work and teaches it.
    Your choice but as its been agreed you teach 3 days i personally would only do 3 days.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would have thought that whoever is teaching also plans. So you plan your three days and they plan their two days.

This isn't about asking for help, just sensible division of labour. I'm assuming your class are covered by a teacher on the other two days?

4. stuffedcrust

Unfortunately not minnieminx - covered by an LSA... She's been covering the afternoons since I went off in November! (The foundation stage teacher covered the mornings but isn't from now on.)

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

That's a tricky one then. Maybe ask on Workplace Dilemmas. No way should it be you who plans, you only need plan for the days you teach. However an LSA cannot possibly be expected to plan either.

I don't know the answer at all...

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I suspect the head is expecting you to make a weeks set f plans which he might then get the LSA to cover.....either that of the head hasnt even given it a thought and will try to push another teacher to do the task.
    When i covered for a sick teacher on supply i wrote all the plans with my cohort member...but when the sick teacher came in for odd days she took my planning......not that it happened to much.....but at least i got two terms supply out of it,

7. stuffedcrust

Thank you for your advice oldsomeman and minnieminx. I need to be strong and make sure I don't allow school to pile on the pressure and put me right back where I started!