1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who knows where the lost socks end up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

With so many single issue fanatics joining this site over the past months, all saying exactly the same thing over and over again, you might imagine UKIP to be a farce to be reckoned with, but you know what? Some appear to lose interest after a few days at the most.

I don't know whether it's having to think about the replies they get that exhausts them or whether they somehow get lost in the washing, never to return again. Maybe someone ought to check out the tumble dryer in case there's a flock of them trapped inside.

Ever the entrepreneur, I'm wondering whether there is a market in selling individual socks that match the lost ones. At the moment, the thing that is holding me back from investing in this idea is the thought that maybe there are some socks that their owners are happy to see the back of. Ones that are discovered to be full of holes, for example. Maybe it's better to buy shares in The Sock Shop?

sabrinakat and kibosh like this.
  2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

In the perpetual recycling bin?

Duke of York likes this.
  3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Or not so secret stashes of fluff

4. Duke of York

Maybe Christmas Eve will be quieter as they wait in anticipation of what Father Christmas will fill them with.

5. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

hopefully no more anger over non-Christian festivities?

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:eek: oo er.

Left over mince pies? Carrots that Rudolph turned his nose up? Elves that have passed their productive (sh)elf life?

7. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Socks traditionally disappear during the washing or cleaning process

cissy3 likes this.
  8. Duke of York

What might we learn from this then?

9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

They go rotten when they are exposed to detergent.

10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

If you have a teenager they generally turn up covered in fluff under its bed. Usually long after you've given up and thrown the other one away.

11. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Sometimes you find on in the sleeves of a jumper or cardigan.

12. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I think they all come to me. I'm certain I have odd socks belonging to pairs I have never bought or owned!

13. Duke_of_Dork

Duke_of_Dork Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

14. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Is that a picture of der leader after recent elections?

PS. Have you met butterfly rainbow unicorn kitten?

15. Duke of York

Yes, Dorkie. That's precisely why I said that UKIP could be a farce to be reckoned with. Did you find Margate an interesting place to visit all the same? Have a go on the swings and roundabouts in the park? Maybe a donkey ride?

You need to watch out for those donkey rides in Margate though. When I was at school like you are, my mate had a ride on one, fell off and broke his wrist, then couldn't toss himself off anymore until he learned how to do it successfully as a leftie. Poor bloke said it initially reminded him of being washed by his nan as a baby, then in later life, developed a taste for granny ****.

It's a sad story and no mistake, since he ended up spending all his pocket money on a Zimmer frame in the hope of attracting an old dear outside the bingo hall, but instead attracted the attention of the police. He might have gotten away with it if he hadn't still been wearing short trousers.

16. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Unfortunately, as I have reported previously, the TES drones did not bother to make the system sock and troll proof with the latest revamp. You can expect closedown I guess. It is what happened to the SAGA forum, and I did so like the sagas of Leif Ericksen, and Noggin the Nog. (What IS a "nog" anyway?)

17. Duke of York

There were a few of variants when I was a kid, but the only acceptable use of the term I know of these days is in eggnog.

[​IMG]