1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who is waiting for an interview result?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by pixiepie, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Shall we keep each other sane in here? :)

I need some buddies 'cause my mind is on overdrive.

How long until you're 'supposed' to find out?

ppx

2. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Waiting here too..... for 3 different schools. But I actually am only really keen on one of them. Hope you get a goood answer, unless you interviewed for the same job I did!!!!! [​IMG]

3. v12

v12

You and me both!
    4 applications:
    1 interview in this country + follow up telephone interview + references taken
    1 lengthy Skype interview, plus follow up scheduled for this Monday
    1 taken references and written to say there'll be an interview in London
    1 emailed me to say that there had been hundreds of applicants but I was still in the game.

I NEED AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Thought you had a job v12?

5. v12

v12

Just waiting for the final offers from two schools.
    I have another Skype interview with one of the directors of a lovely school on Monday morning which the Head said (at the end of my Tuesday Sykpe) was to go over the package details - so I'm really hopeful, although I won't be uncrossing any fingers until then!
    Like everyone else, I suppose you put the schools into a rank order of preferability - it looks like my No.2 of 4 applications is leading the race at the moment so I'm not too upset by that.
    The Brunei job would have been top but the school are still sifting through the applications they received.

6. Hmm nope I'm not applying for any of your jobs! :p I'm waiting to here back from the pool interview. The time seems to be dragging and I need, well, want to know. I never thought something would drive me so crazy, the pool isn't a guaranteed job I know but the chances once you're accepted are very good I've been told. Good luck to you both. Please post if you hear anything! Are you both primary or secondary? May I ask which country the schools are in? :) ppx

7. v12

v12

I find out about the India post on Monday morning.

btw PP - you have mail - check your inbox !

8. How are you keeping yourself sane in the meantime 350587? you sound very calm and collected :) It was my very first teaching interview as well. I'm wondering how many they interviewed over the week. Did you get told there's 6 instead of 10 places for the pool this year. I hope you and I are two out of the six.

v12, ahh thank you you're too kind! good luck for Monday, that's very close, I have my fingers (and toes!) crossed for you. Your second choice is still pretty great. I remember seeing a thread for Brunei a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone actually heard back from them? (Hopefully your still in with a chance if it's your #1!)

9. If any little beauty wants to tell me how I paragraph in Chrome, I'd be very grateful :)

10. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I heard back from the school in China....... I got the job!!!!!! Thanks to all for your good wishes and vibes!!!

11. Good luck to all those still waiting to find out.
    I'm off to SE Asia.

12. YAY! Well done TDaley and Farfetched! :) May China and SE Asia be fantastic for you both.

Now...please may you pass over the "success dust" to me ha! This time in 1 week I'll know the result :-O

(and chumley, no thanks...not today!)

13. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I thought a pixie would have enough dust of her own!!!

but you are welcome to any I have left!!

14. v12

v12

B A C K O F T H E N E T ! ! !

I've just been offered the job in Bangalore.
    I am shaking with excitement! Good package as well!

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Right. Now how do I break it to my parents?

15. Congrats v12! Bangalore is a lovely place, one of the nicest places in India i think!
    Lots of people hearing back now, lets hope its not a long wait for me anymore, my email page is open on constant refresh :-(

16. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Well done v12. The Bangalore school was one I had applied for and didn't get a look-in. I am quite jealous.

17. Congratulations v12. What an exciting place to go and live and teach.

18. Thank you Pixiepie and good luck to you and Kulsumy. It's an agonising wait.

19. Thank you Pixiepie and good luck to both you and Kulsumy on your pending job outcomes. It's an agonising wait.