1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who is using SAT attack maths?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by talulabell, Jan 27, 2008.

1. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

What are you thiking starting to use. Also mking smartnotebooks to go with, which i dont mind sharing. However not necessarily working from start to finish throughout

2. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

What are you thiking starting to use. Also mking smartnotebooks to go with, which i dont mind sharing. However not necessarily working from start to finish throughout

3. I think headteacher has just ordered this, so I will be starting to use it soon. It would be great to share resources.

4. We've got them. Looking forward to using them!
    I have a promethean board. Sorry to sound like a novice but does that mean that I can't use smartnotebooks?

I'd be happy to share resources too. I think Trinity is going to be using them too?

5. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Hope im not being dumb but what is SAT attack?

6. MzB

MzB

You can convert smart notebooks and open them (need to download from smartboard website), then use the camera tool on activeboard to make your own. May be otherways of using it. I also use powerpoint presentations and convert them to flipcahrts using version 3. Very handy!

7. We have started using them - today in fact. I started from the beginning and am going to do one page a day. I don't know anything about the note books - have I missed something?

8. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Next week is mocks, then starting the week after, as that's 10 schools weeks until the NCTs, however some weeks will have to be merged as we have some 3 day weeks this term due to Easter and INSET days.

I hadn't thought about scanning in the pages to have on the IWB - that's a good idea - will set my TAA onto that!

Had Year 6 Maths parents evening last night - parents were really positive about what kids were doing which was nice - they realy liked the books we've been using for homework - CGP Year 6 Mental Maths Book a page a week - all said the first few weeks were hard where they did most of it for the kids, but then they got the hang of it (i.e. the style of questions) and input from parents now is minimal. Myself and the parents like the fact that it's covering all the basic number work every week, i.e. some fractions, decimals, percentages, adding , subtracting, multiplying, dividing etc... That way it's keeping everything fresh - this has been a problem for our kids so hoping it will make things easier!

9. talulabell

talulabell New commenter

Trinity where do you get the CPG mental maths books.

I meant i have created smart notebokks before they go work on the SAT attck bok so the bit it tells you to teachin in the teachers guide

10. trinity0097

From the CGP website! ;o)

http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/bookdetail.asp?c=M6MA21&level=1...

I wouldn't get them at this stage, but something to think about for next year. I also like the fact I don't have to 'think' about the homework or prepare anything! If they lose or distroy book they have to pay me £1 for a new one. Lower sets have books from lower years, so you could have children on a variety of books, but set them the same page to do in each!

11. I'd like to know more about these books - are they heinemann? Are they expensive?

12. Talulabell, I'd still be very interested in sharing smart notebook files for this. How about I set up a Yahoo group for anyone who is interested in sharing resources for SAT Attack?

13. Actually it might be easier to just add them to the Year 6 wikispaces site:
    http://yr6teachers.wikispaces.com

Once you have a wikispaces login, you can request access to upload files on there.

14. CGP is a publisher. If you go to WHSmith you will find loads of different ones for all subjects and Key Stages. They might even have the mental ones there as well.

15. cpg is brilliant comprehensive, inexpensive and delivery is very very quick

16. trinity0097

Don't buy CGP books from a 'shop' buy direct online as a teacher - the prices are much less than what parents/joe public have to pay!

17. forgot that point well made trinity

18. trinity0097

Apart from some of the answers being wrong at the back of the book I'm getting on well with it!

Pupils who missed lessons for various things asked me if they could come in at lunch at do the pages they missed :eek:)

19. Agree with Trinity that much cheaper direct but just pointing out that if you want a nosey first you can see them in the shops.

Bluerose is right. Books nearly always day after order.