1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who is responsible for your school website?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by gorgybaby, May 22, 2011.

1. Btw - I don't think it is on anyone's job description! It certainly isn't on mine, and, not being a techy or anythign I am spending far too long for little gain on this.

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Haven't you kind of answered your own question here? your problem is going to be keeping the local and remote sites synchronised - if, that is, several people are going to be able to update it and they use different computers. If the site is stored on a network and all those with access to the site have access to the network you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
    In my own case I upload everything and, sadly, generate pretty much all of the content too, despite asking only for material to be sent to me in electronic form.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Just seen your postscript gorgybaby.
    It's not on my JD either but, like me, you obviously care about the site so you will probably end up doing most to it. You could ask that a JD be created and recompensed with some management time? it wouldn't really qualify for part of a TLR.

4. Thanks for your response, BB. I originally assumed that our ICT teachers would do it, then thought again. I thought I might float in and out of the training, even though that would put the numbers up - they originally said training would be for up to 10, now up to 8 people. I don't need more money or time, as you say I just want it to right. We have not had a commercial site before and I was so frustrated with the state of the home-grown one that I forced the issue of a new one. Now it is just taking up too much of my time, although it is still being built. I am on the leadership spine and am not looking for more time or money, just trying to think of the most efficient way of getting it done. Thanks again for your swift response, much appreciated.

5. karentee

karentee New commenter

I insist that others provide me with content for our site, but I proof read it and check it before adding it to the site

6. Hello, I work in a small Primary school and am the ICT Co-ordinator. I update all parts of the website in my own time. I ask staff for information pertaining to themes/work that is undertaken in their classes but I upload all information myself - no extra time/money but I do enjoy it!

7. Thanks so much, all for your responses. Very useful.