1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who is our resident bra fitting expert?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jazz2, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Why? I heard Gok Wan say that, too, but I don't understand it. I've never had a bra that didn't shrink! I mean the elastic - the cups stay the same, but I end up uncomfortable because they become too tight underneath, so I end up buying those extensions, just so I can continue to wear them.

2. I assume you are washing them in the washing machine if they are shrinking?!
    The elastic will give when wearing the bra. It should be tightest on the last hooks so that as it stretches you can move inwards until you get to the inside hooks. Then eventually you will need to buy a new bra.

3. Definitely agreeing with Bravissimo, not a tape measure in sight! They have a bra fitting guide on their website if you don't have a store near you, it tells you what to look for.

4. That is my experience too

Though I do wash them in the machine

If I find a bra that fits I buy them in every colour available (usually 2 in black and 2 in flesh) I can ... then wearing them all to death

5. Life's too short for hand-washing

6. I don't know where you live Lila, but all the best bra-fitters I've met have worked in tiny independent shops. My favourite one doesn't come near you with a tape measure (as other posters have mentioned): the very nice lady squints at your boobs as you walk through the door and then asks "what colour would you like?" as she ushers you into a changing room. Always a painless experience. Perhaps a look in your yellow pages might turn up a tiny shop you didn't know existed?