1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

“Who Is America?”

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hs9981, Jul 24, 2018.

1. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/arts/television/jason-spencer-sacha-cohen.html

I saw some video clips of this ^. OMG car crash TV. Funny though!

2. hs9981

Part of the video.

3. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I watched some of his previous series - it's cringeworthy to see but fascinating. He really does get people to show the worst sides of themselves.

4. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

I was looking forward to it but could not get past 20 odd minutes. It feels too much of the same, same characters, same lines, same results.

I really got the feeling Cohen thought enough time had passed so many either had not seen or could not remember Ali G but for those who can it is very much (incredibly much) the same wine in a barely changed bottle.

5. hs9981

A bit like Shaggy. He’s due a comeback...... Still good though.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I thought it looked promising but he went too gross for my tastes within the first 10 minutes. Shame, it was an interesting idea.

7. hs9981

This is from episode 1. Nothing gross, but truely worrying. These people run America.......

8. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I can't stand talk radio because it kills me to hear ordinary people make such complete ar ses of themselves. I don't mind Strictly/GBBO/Apprentice because they've made themselves much more public. But though I admire his skill, I really can't cope with the results. I'm not some kinda snowflake - if he could just catch Trump or his bunch of suckling piglets to bite, I'd pay to watch.