1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who have been your most memorable students you have taught?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, May 23, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New commenter

whether that be for good or bad reasons, which have been memorable ?

for example this is what someone said on reddit

The student that tops my list is the 7th grader that broke his own arm

sabrinakat likes this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Osama Bin Laden - I taught him Chemistry

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

What/ who is a seventh grader ?

towncryer likes this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's a measure of tw***ery - on a 7 point scale.

A seventh grade tw** is as high as it goes

5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Two current MPs. I am too embarrassed to name them.

nomad and towncryer like this.
  6. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

How did he break his arm? Lots of people break bones. Are you suggesting that breakage wasn’t an accident? When you have answered these questions, I will tell you about my most memorable student. He was quite a small chap and he lived with his aunt, uncle and cousin as his parents were both dead. He got onto the school roof once; no one could ever figure out how...

7. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I remember a student in one of my GCSE classes who was a really kind and clever young man. He was so encouraging to others in this mixed ability class so that they all had grades way above their targets.

sabrinakat likes this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Ha. this reminded me suddenly of a wiry kid I used to teach, many years ago now, whose family ran the circus, so he had "traveller" status. This meant that by arrangement with a number of authorities he was obliged to attend four different schools in cycle round the year. The respective PE departments probably relished his presence, but otherwise there was an unspoken groan of inevitability when we knew he was due. If he actually attended that is.
    One cycle in our school, which would have been about four weeks, he spent every one of my lessons (and of several other colleagues) in the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet. Logged each time as not in attendance. No joke. On many levels the whippersnappery is impressive, especially considering the large cash sum he accumulated in bets from the other kids.

(You'd like to think his name was Kevin, but-no. sorry to disappoint)

ajrowing likes this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Three murderers and two accessories to murder.

10. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

only aware of one murderer, but he did kill his gran.

11. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Senior commenter

Just the one murderer for me too.

12. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I taught a Yr 8 boy whose party trick in class was to inhale a length of dental floss through one nostril (holding onto the other end) and then snort it out of the other nostril. He would then pull each end alternately.

Another boy had most of a small carton of chilli powder over from a Food Tech lesson and down the contents in one go as he entered my classroom.

BetterNow likes this.
  13. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

An Olympic bronze medallist,
    A very bright with Asperger's. A lovely lad who was protected and supported by all the class when he had an occasional meltdown.

14. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Me too, although I did have two more charged with murder but they were found not guilty

15. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Talking of murderers, I taught many, many of them.
    I also taught a necrophiliac.

I was in Prison Ed at the time,

16. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

The ones that went on to get proper jobs.

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

A Prince from one of the Gulf states, a cousin of Colonel Gaddafi-absolutely lovely chap, a Saudi girl here with her family who was allowed to wear mini skirts!