1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who has used an ipad in Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Freudster, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Just wondered if anyone has used an ipad in a Reception class, where they found the Apps (is there an easy way of navigating the itunes app store away from the US apps!) and are there any Apps they would recommend. Thanks

2. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Just wondered if anyone has used an ipad in a Reception class, where they found the Apps (is there an easy way of navigating the itunes app store away from the US apps!) and are there any Apps they would recommend. Thanks

3. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Not reception but I teach in a special school with pupils working at a similar level. My favourites are pocket phonics, puppetpals HD and doodle buddy. If you find a way of navigating away from the US apps, I'd love to know!

4. I like hairy letters, glow drawing and paint sparkles for letter formation skills.
    Mousefish is good for Nursery to encourage speaking and listening skills. I like redfish too.
    My mosaic is ok for nursery although only offers the option of copying mosaic patterns and not creating your own which is a shame.

5. I had ten iPads out with my reception children yesterday...
    Tickle Finger, Playful Piano, the Fab Phonics series, Talking Tom, Glow Colouring, Spooky Splat are all great!