1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Who has had confirmation of their offer since the announcement of numbers?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Lu280, Feb 5, 2011.

  1. I have a conditional offer from Bath Spa and haven't heard yet about whether it's going to be confirmed, they haven't changed any of the information on their website. Just wondering if some places are taking longer than others to confirm?

    I'm still panicking about whether to even accept or not with bursary being taken away and the terrifying job prospects!
     
  2. I have a conditional offer from Bath Spa and haven't heard yet about whether it's going to be confirmed, they haven't changed any of the information on their website. Just wondering if some places are taking longer than others to confirm?

    I'm still panicking about whether to even accept or not with bursary being taken away and the terrifying job prospects!
     
  3. I also have a conditional offer subject to funding at Hull University and still no firm offer on track. I know that they have interviewed just a few days ago so maybe they are waiting to update gttr with all offers at once. The bursary issue is problematic but I think I can just about manage for the year so will definately be accepting, hopefully you will be able to do the same.Good luck!
     
  4. I've not had anything back from Birmingham City yet... As far as I can tell they haven't sent out conditional offers so I guess they were waiting for allocations. They did say in the interview that if we have not got a place they would let us know ASAP, and my interview was over 3 weeks ago so i'm hoping no news is good news!
    Good luck to everyone [​IMG] (or congratulations if you already have a place)
     
  5. I have had a conditional offer for Goldsmiths for 6 weeks and still no news. The wait is agonising[​IMG]
     
  6. My provider has not told anyone if they have been offered a place or rejected so my track still says 'interview' which was on the 1st December!

    So I really haven't got a clue if they're even thinking of offering me a place, let alone subject to funding. Hopefully this week we all might hear?
     
  7. Hi All Prospective students
    Please be patient with us as providers., we have had sevn or eight months of almost silence on our position for next year and while we have had to endure this we have also had to think about starting the interview procedure, otherwise teacher training would effectively collapse.
    Now that numbers have been announced we must look at who we have interviewed and match numbers to places. In some areas, numbers have been slahed by half, in other areas significant cuts have been made (in the order of 20%) and in yet other areas, increases.
    As providers we now have to take stock - in my area, science for example, we have to now deal with 3 or more subject areas and match the new numbers we have to what we offered last year and the subjects of thosae who have applied. This cannot be done overnight - we still have our other duties to discharge - such as teaching the current cohort!
    I promise you that proviers will be working hard to resolve the situation and provide firm offers as soon as possible.
    James
     
  8. We who interviewed at Brighton in November have had an email stating 'we confirm that, subject to sufficient funding, we intend to offer you a place'. Yet they have also just announced on Twitter that they are starting to interview again.....
     
  9. I have applied for the RE PGCE at Hull, and apparently there are issues whether or not they will be dropping the course due to low numbers, we will know more tomorrow.
     
  10. Reicheru

    Reicheru New commenter

    GTTR changed my status to a conditional offer at about 5.30ish on Friday just got to wait for the official letter from the uni to find out what exactly the conditions are now. Trying not to get to excited until then just in case but it's difficult!
    Good luck everyone! Patience is a virtue and all that ;)
     
  11. Hi I wish I had heard something [​IMG]
     
  12. I had my interview on the 6th of January and I am still waiting too. Last week my uni sent out their rejections but thankfully I never received one. What I want to know is if the people who are saying they have a place have conditional places subject to funding or firm unconditional offers? xxx
     
  13. I had a letter this week from my first choice (Bath Spa for secondary music) saying they would like to offer me a place depending on funding etc. But I think they only have 4 places this year so I'm not getting my hopes up. I just want to know one way or the other so my application can get sent to my second choice.
     
  14. My friend has a conditional offer (for a different uni) that is subject to funding. She only had to wait 8 days after her interview! So offers would have been subject to funding before, now I would imagine it would be firm offers, either way. What uni are you waiting for Cherrie? I am waiting for Roehampton. My second choice is full now anyway, so everything is pinned on my first choice. I would much rather go to my first choice anyway.
     
  15. I'm waiting for UCP Marjon in Plymouth. I did my undergrad at Roehampton though! It's a great uni and it's very well renouned for it's teacher training courses. xxx
     
  16. Cherrie I hope we both hear soon, it is horrible waiting! Yeah the reputation and lovely campus, plus two girls I know are there now and love it, that swung it for me! I bet we will hear by the end of next week (Fri)....I just hope we are high enough on the list as that is what it probably rests on now, (as we haven't been rejected!) good luck! [​IMG] xx
     
  17. Really good luck to everyone that has applied...hope we all hear firm offers soon [​IMG] We have waited long enough!
     
  18. My status has been changed to conditional today for Bedford. Am hoping this is a good thing as I was told they were not giving any offers until funding had been announced, and i interviewed early December.
    I too am now awaiting the conditions from my university, hopefully this is just the usual clearance of CRB, fingers crossed.
    Trying not to get too hopefull though!
    Good luck to everyone, looks like the process is finally moving again!
     
  19. Congratulations!

    I've not heard anything yet, really hope it's this week...
     
  20. If you click on 'conditions', it may tell you what they are, but sometimes it just says something like 'as detailed in the provider's letter' or similar, so no help!
     

Share This Page