1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who else has left all their school work for tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Jan 2, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

No,you're not alone. Still in holiday mood and frankly cannae be bothered.

2. Nope, you're not alone!
    But as I was ill and didn't make it in to school the last 2 days of term, everything I need to do is still in my classroom...
    Oh well, another couple of days of relaxing for me then!

3. I have too but not by choice. I've has flu since day 2 of the holiday, only felt better and vaguely human again on NYE. So I too have piles of marking and also some reports to write. Good luck Gremlin - hope you get through it all fast!
    [​IMG]

4. Goes for me too.

5. Me too. i had intended to go in to work on the first Monday but the roads were awful so i didn't go in until last Wednesday only for 2 1/2 hours as I got too cold and brought some marking home. I had intended to go back in on Thursday but it was really foggy so I didn't bother. My marking is still sitting in my bag.

6. Don't worry I am there with you!
    Am going in tomorrow to get planned for the training day but really really just want to stay under the duvet instead![​IMG]

7. If by Tomorrow you mean Tomorrow Evening ... yep

8. I am glad it's not just me! My classroom was flooded by our wonderful new heating system on the last day of term, so the carpet has been ripped up and lights taken down etc. I filled the boot of the car with things i would need for the holidays, and that is where they have stayed!! Luckily we have used our spare inset days etc this week and so I dont start back until the 10th! Phew!!

9. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I've not left everything for tomorrow: I HAVE sorted out my year 11's coursework and assembled the folder so that all their work is in the correct order, all marked and with correct documentation. Have also made a spreadsheet so I can easily see who has finished, who needs to redraft immediately, and who is on target on average but could do wtih redrafting if they feel they want a more secure grade. This took me the best part of 9 hours, such was the state of their coursework.
    I've also done some medium term planning for year 11 for the first 4 weeks backs.
    But still to do is:
    1) Figure out how to complete study of Romeo and Juliet and sonnets ahead of year 10's controlled assessment to take place shortly (postponed due to weather before Xmas)
    2) Mark year 8s books from last term - still not completed APP marking due to generally work load.
    3) Plan Citizenship lessons for my team and prepare resources.
    4) Plan the rest of my class' lessons for the first week back (preferably getting a bit ahead because Wednesday is parent's evening, so there's an evening out).
    Don't just just hate having twilights/parents' evenings/open evenings and similar in the first couple of days back after a holiday? It means you can't just leave things until you're back at work then blitz it all by working longer in the first week back to get ahead.
    Grrrr. Can't face it all.

10. My school bag is still in the car!

11. Eva_Smith

Good Lord! At least remove the school things to the shed for the duration of the holidays - the extra weight will cost you more in petrol ha ha!
    Oh how I wish we had another few days off to relax. Feel as though I've never stopped over the past 2 weeks and now that I've got the house all sorted out and tidy and the Christmas visits etc over with, I'd quite like a day or two to enjoy it!

12. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I have spent two days chained to my desk. Still got lots to do...where do the holidays go???? It feels like only yesterday that we broke up.

13. Wanted to do it for the first two days but hit by end-of-term-itis and was poorly for the first few days. Such a waste of time.
    Done bits over the holiday but need to spend tonight or tomorrow on some more.

14. I'm so glad I posted on here to know i'm not the only one with so much to do.
    I wish we had some inset days this week, why is it they are never at convienient times? Plus have a 2 hour meeting first day back. Think it will be a long week.
    Only 7 weeks til half term

15. I've been quite organised over the Christmas break actually, for once!
    I've done most of the marking I planned to do and all the seating plans for next term!
    Got to mark my Y8 Level Assessed Task's later on tonight and tomorrow though, then nearly all of the marking is done!
    I feel like I've been on the laptop for all of the Xmas Break, pleased to get all this work out of the way though!
    Have a good term everyone, hope the marking & prep your doing tomorrow isn't too stressful!

16. I am wondering if I made a mistake leaving it all until the last minute. I have planned in rough my work for the term due to a snow day in Dec... but intend to work a few evenings this week typing it up, around friends staying from Australia.... [​IMG]

17. I'm sure you are not alone. I have evaluations and planning to do, but I am on holiday and with each passing year feel less and less inclined to do much in the way of school work during what is supposed to be my own time.

18. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

That's impressive! Planning 4 weeks in advance,wow!

19. Boy am I glad I don't work in a school in UK!
    I made sure I had no marking before the end of term by allowing the children to play games and carry out Christmas activities and puzzles during the last week. Fun for everyone.
    While they were busy with this I did all my preparation for the first week back!
    HOORAY!!

20. Eva_Smith

Not too impressive - only medium term planning. It consists of a note of what I will be covering each week and a 'to do' list. I spent all of last term feeling like I was on the back foot constantly; I never felt like I got ahead. I'm determind to have the general planning in place for the first few weeks, because I know that we're going to be thrown back into it straight away with rescheduled meetings, twilights and parents' evening that should have taken place before the holidays but were cancelled because of snow days.