1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who else has a lovely holiday to look forward to?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mammal, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Three more days of work and then only one week until I shall be cruising the Med. I shall arrive in Venice for our wedding anniversary plus lots of other new places to visit. I am so excited!

2. Clearly a sore point.

3. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Boyfriend and I have moved house this year so no exotic holidays for us. But we are going to Hastings for a few days in August.

4. Happy holidays to you all. Let's hope we all get some decent weather, whether travelling or staying home.

5. not at all, just making an observation :)

6. I'd love a holiday abroad but just got nobody to go with. Single year after year and all my friends are married. People always say 'go on your own' but I don't fancy eating in restaurants on my own every eve....moan over!

7. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

Yes - a week in a caravan with the kids and my mum and dad ,near Filey and then they are going to the Lake Distric with their dad and me and OH are spending 5 days in a really nice romantic hotel in the Cotswolds - will be just chillin' (paid for by exam marking)

8. ...although I do have a little spa break with my mum organised..:)

9. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

We live next to the sea, can walk to it from my back garden, so living here is like a holiday.
    At Christmas we are off to Orlando, my two youngest want to go to Harry Potter land and I want to take them before they get too old to want to go anywhere with me!!

10. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

All in one caravan? I think you will deserve the trip to the Cotswold's!

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Can't help thinking of that classic episode of Father Ted - good luck ;-)

12. We are driving to the Austrian Tyrol for a 7 day holiday including adventure activities to keep teenage son happy (I'm apprehensive as I don't do heights) then driving back via a stopover in the Black Forest. Taking 3 days to drive there and a couple to get back - staying in hotels en route.

13. Crowbob

I hate you [​IMG]

14. A family wedding in Sorrento in just under a fortnight! [​IMG]

15. Crowbob

I hate you too [​IMG]

16. Lanzarote. [​IMG]
    9 of us in total, three of them under two years old. Private villa. Bit anxious about some aspects but really looking forward to it.

17. I have a lovely holiday coming up. But it's soo special I could reveal my identity if I told you where I'm going. Suffice it to say I get to sleep with the Pope at one point.

cyolba, not taking any condoms for fear of offending His Holiness :)

18. I'm going with my daughter (her first time) and my two sisters to the town in Germany where my mum came from.
    Used to go every year when we were little so my mum could see her family, but none of us has been for years.

19. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Yep, I've got a holiday in 3 weeks... to the UK! I live overseas and am really looking forward to going home for a couple of weeks. I've not been back for a year and will be keeping my fingers crossed for lovely sunshine as it's winter here at the moment. I'm getting fed up of snow, rain and generally rubbish weather!
    There are no shops here, so will be having a bit of a shopping extravaganza! I'm also looking forward to eating all the foods that I can't get here!
    I've got the last 3 weeks of school to get through first...

20. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

I went to South Africa on my own a few years ago, but as part of a group, if you see what I mean. Got to Johannesburg and that was the first time I'd met any of them... I was really nervous about it to begin with, but it was great in the end, and far better than staying at home and wishing I'd gone somewhere.
    I thoroughly recommend it.