1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who do I tell?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by EngTweet, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I was lucky enough to secure a position at the end of my PGCE year; however, it looks unlikely that they will renew the contract due to falling rolls.
    I have spotted a job that I would like to apply for and just wondered what the correct procedure was with respect to telling my current school? Obviously they will be my first reference and I need to tell someone, I'm just not sure who this should be!
    Thanks,
    EngTweet.

2. Hi,
    I was lucky enough to secure a position at the end of my PGCE year; however, it looks unlikely that they will renew the contract due to falling rolls.
    I have spotted a job that I would like to apply for and just wondered what the correct procedure was with respect to telling my current school? Obviously they will be my first reference and I need to tell someone, I'm just not sure who this should be!
    Thanks,
    EngTweet.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Presumably you're Secondary? If so I imagine your line manager, HoY or HoD would be the first port of call,and they'd tell you if you need to notify others, but Theo would be the expert so you'd need to start a new thread <u>Dear Theo</u>, who to notify? (or whatever you want your title to be)

4. Thanks, will repost.