1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who did you hear at the Hay Book Festival this year (if you didn't go this year, put it in diary for next !)

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Barnabasgirl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. I've always wanted to go to the Hay Book Festival http://www.hayfestival.com/portal/index.aspx?skinid=1&localesetting=en-GB but this year actually made it! As a newbie, I didn't quite know what to expect, but having been once, I know I'll be back with my gang next year. Amazing range of topics and authors. So cheap too ... except for the trip to the author signings afterwards. Amazing opportunity for my boys too. One was writing a story today (on page 7) and he is NOT the pupil in your class you would expect to be creatively writing in the holidays buy his own entirely independent choice. The other heard professors from Oxford uni talking on 'Big Data' and rushed to get the book which he is loving.

I heard authors for children and adults.

Did you go? If so, what did you hear / buy?

If you didn't I heartily recommend it!