1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who can tell the best boring story (borey)?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Lan are you drunk?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Snap back to reality
    Oops there goes gravity

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

*brays incoherently*

I'm the only sober one here!

Dance on merry fiddlers!

primarycat and (deleted member) like this.
  4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

A likely tale. To be fair though, I'm not totally sober so you aren't wrong about me.

5. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

I’m so disappointed. I thought you were going to say you went across the street and got some steak sausages. Steak sausages are superior in every way to pork. Then of course, there’s vegetable sausages. Do you remember those, with little green bits in that were masquerading as vegetables? Similar really, to vegetable roll.
    My mother could talk for hours about sausages and vegetable roll. She and my husband talked about the best way to make champ, for about 30 mins the other day. They could have made the champ in that time!
    Meanwhile my father gave a loud, running commentary of the Ulster Grand Prix (motorcycle) practice races (he was listening with headphones to the radio). I was seriously questioning the point of my existence by that stage!

bombaysapphire and racroesus like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

But have yeh heard the tune?

7. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Is ‘making champ’ a euphemism for sex?

8. primarycat

No. Do serenade us all.

9. primarycat

No. It involves mashed potatoes. Which I guess doesn't rule out sex altogether but generally speaking no.

nomad, emerald52 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

What, and I cannot emphasise this enough, ever.

vannie likes this.
  11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I am under strict orders to cease and desist for ... and I quote "I'm trying to sleep here"

primarycat and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I wasn't going to reply to this but I can't concentrate on anything else now because it bothers me that you said you shut the front door before you took the parcel and you also said he put the parcel outside the door because you shut the door before taking the parcel so that means you took the parcel from outside the door while you were inside the door with the door shut and my rational brain is now arguing with my irrational brain over whether you could have taken the parcel from outside the door after shutting the door or whether he must have put the parcel inside the door before you shut it...

knitone, emerald52 and Mangleworzle like this.
  13. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

That reminds me of a time I had a parcel delivered. It was a Thursday, or was it Wednesday, no it was Wednesday as I was alone and my wife goes out on a Wednesday, so she'd have been in on a Thursday. Anyway, the doorbell went and the dog barked and I thought "who's that? I'm not expecting anyone". So I got up and went to the door to see, and it turned out to be a man with a parcel. "Is that for me?" I said. So he turns to me and said "Are you Mr. wossisface?", so I turns to him and says "yes", so he turns back to me and said "yes then" and we laughed. It was one of those deliveries you have to sign for and I thought "what's this, it must be quite valuable, I can't remember ordering it", so I signed and went in, not straight away as the dog had followed him half way to his van so I had to call her back and wait for her to come in, she wanted to have a bit of a sniff about so I had to call her again. The parcel was a pair of trousers I'd ordered online, that I'd completely forgotten about. "funny old world" I said to the dog, I'd have said it to the wife, but she wasn't in, I said it again when she got back though!

knitone, Lalad and emerald52 like this.
  14. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

... but you forgot to say whether he put the parcel down inside the door or outside the door because you couldn't have thanked him through the door before you had taken the parcel unless you had shut the door before taking it, in which case you might not have thanked him at all because you didn't say you did so actually that was just an assumption. I'm glad it was Wednesday because otherwise I'd have had to tell you about the parcel I received one Thursday...#goes to shut the door before retrieving parcel and thanking postman...

15. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

My internet connection was playing up so I turned off the modem and turned it back in again and now it’s working again.

blue451 likes this.
  16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Lalad seems very interested in the minutiae of stranger's borey. Ergo it can no longer be a borey!

Lalad likes this.
  17. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Baitranger, not stranger! Predictive text usurping my careful typing again.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I know the feeling. It's like finding the cage door open but realising that walking through means no more meals, clean clothes, reminders about important things and all to have a much bigger bank balance.

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Jesus!

20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Had you read my piece more carefully you would have noticed that I was getting Maleficent's shopping. Maleficent's shopping never includes steak sausages.
    I agree completely with you; steak sausages are much superior to pork ones.

Doglover likes this.