1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who calculates your pay grade?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by supply junky, Mar 19, 2012.

1. supply junky

supply junky New commenter

Hi,

I've been teaching on and off for about ten years (mainly supply) and have now decided to apply for
    full time posts. During that time, I've done a meagre year and a term on jobshare for an LEA, and 2 separate almost years
    on long term supply through agencies- the rest has been smaller bouts of supply through agencies.

So my question is- is there anyone who calculates what pay scale I should be on?, and if I have to calculate it myself, how do I do that?- would the longer bouts of supply count for anything? should I just present myself as being on the lowest scale for employability reasons?

any advice would be much appreciated,

SJ

2. supply junky

supply junky New commenter

Hi,

I've been teaching on and off for about ten years (mainly supply) and have now decided to apply for
    full time posts. During that time, I've done a meagre year and a term on jobshare for an LEA, and 2 separate almost years
    on long term supply through agencies- the rest has been smaller bouts of supply through agencies.

So my question is- is there anyone who calculates what pay scale I should be on?, and if I have to calculate it myself, how do I do that?- would the longer bouts of supply count for anything? should I just present myself as being on the lowest scale for employability reasons?

any advice would be much appreciated,

SJ