1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who believes we are heading for a Second spike

Discussion in 'Personal' started by S1a3t5u7r9n, Jun 6, 2020.

1. S1a3t5u7r9n

S1a3t5u7r9n Established commenter

I have not had a chance to catch up with all the research.
    If the virus started in China shouldn’t they have the first second spike?

2. install

install Star commenter

Imho : Why not look it up on google first - then post your findings and opinions? :rolleyes:

monicabilongame likes this.
  3. S1a3t5u7r9n

Hello Mr install
    You are so helpful
    Google?
    What is that

4. S1a3t5u7r9n

Shall I start another thread
    Freedom

5. install

install Star commenter

It’s Miss. Why so many new threads poster? :rolleyes:

monicabilongame likes this.
  6. S1a3t5u7r9n

We are currently in a major pandemic

7. S1a3t5u7r9n

Sorry Miss

8. S1a3t5u7r9n

Are you not worried about a second spike
    ?

9. S1a3t5u7r9n

Am I now in Friday detention

10. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

For there to be a second spike there would have to be a period when the virus flatlines. A second spike would also assume that what we have had so far is a first spike that has been measured in duration and defined as a spike.

What we have had so far is a gradual build up due to transmission followed by a leveling off and reduction due to restriction of transmission and now a return to the continuation of build up.

The situation now is such that the virus is known and being mostly ignored unlike the time when the virus was unknown and people were becoming aware and, once known, protecting themselves.

Imagine you have a wolf coming at you and you have a rifle. You fire a few shots in the air to scare the wolf off. Well, now you've thrown the rifle away and the wolf is back.

The virus is always at the top of the scale. There isn't really a scale on which you can put the virus. If unchecked, it will rage through the species. Those it doesn't kill will kill themselves by other means engined by panic and anger.

The suppression of the virus gives the impression that it hasn't peaked. Take away the suppression and the virus will just carry on gnawing away at the species.

Now we've decided to pretend the virus isn't there it will take more and more life and we shall see the numbers of dead gradually increase.

Governments will attempt a quick u turn but the people won't listen and many will die.

18th March to 6th July is my lockdown arch.

Let's see where we are on 6th July.

Just as I'm ready to return to work everyone else will want to return home, but will have already destroyed that option.

I'll just continue at home until 6th October and then have another look at what the crazed species is doing to destroy itself.

ajrowing and rachel_g41 like this.
  11. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Is it taking place under your bridge?

12. S1a3t5u7r9n

Sorry
    What is my bridge?

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think , because being a new poster the question
    was because many people 'lurk' for months, sometimes years even, before they pluck up courage to start making tentative forays answering perhaps an odd post here and there.

Suddenly answering and posting lots of new threads may be considered unusual behaviour and in the past we've suffered from people who post merely to cause dissension- hence the suspicion , and reference to 'under a bridge' . perhaps.?

install and Kandahar like this.
  14. S1a3t5u7r9n

Thanks for the explanation Lara

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. Lara mfl 05

Think of students/ children you've taught in a new class over the years.
    The ones who constantly draw attention to themselves at the beginning are often ones we think ' got to watch that one'. ;)

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Current R rates
    [​IMG]

17. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

Where Ivar feeds his feline friend.

18. S1a3t5u7r9n

Oh the plot thickens

19. S1a3t5u7r9n

What date do these R rates apply to?

20. Lara mfl 05

My understanding, from the many daily briefings on the subject, are that R= reproduction rate.

Edit apologies I didn't see the 'date', or did you edit the post?