1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whitney RIP

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by lovely.lady, Feb 12, 2012.

1. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

[​IMG]
    "The children are the future so teach them well..."

2. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

[​IMG]
    "The children are the future so teach them well..."

3. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

I like a good communal cry. But who, or what, is Whitney?

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

It is a place on the coast, somewhere in the North of England.

5. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Ah. Has it been attacked by Zeppelins?

6. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I just don't get why so many stars throw it all away. Whitney was such a gorgeous girl and very talented. Funny though, I was watching Dionne Warwick on Celebrity Apprentice last year and she really had a very unpleasant manner and attitude which really surprised me for some reason. Maybe it runs in the family. Feel very sorry for her daughter, hard to lose your mum.

7. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Perhaps she found it too hard to live up to her middle class, (Catholic educated) Baptist "good girl" image? Or was it that $%^^$ that she married?
    Dolly's version of "I Will Always Love You" was far superior! That was Dolly the Sheep by the way. The wonderful Ms Parton's original was pretty good too!

8. Not fan of her music but will be missed!

9. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

That was Sarfend on See. Dropped quite a few bombs and so on.

10. Why was my post deleted?

Self confessed drug addict dies. Who cares?
    Just because someone who can sing a bit dies, they suddenly become a saint?
    Where were all these people "who miss her so much" when she needed them?

11. Because they can get what they want, when they want and as much of it as they want. The thing is, is that the people who supplied her with it will be crying at her funeral.

12. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

.... and every B celeb will say she was 'the best singer ever in the whole wide world' or their 'best friend' or that they have 'never been so heartbroken' or 'the one person who inspired them to become a singer' etc etc etc....... until the next big celeb passes.
    She was a talented singer though. I can't sing like that.

13. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Did anyone watch the Grammy's? God so many people died last year and poor old Glen Campbell has Alzheimers. Isn't funny what you remember. When I was about eight or nine, I used to go to dance classes and I can always remember doing a tap routine to this song he had out at the time called, 'I Knew Jesus, Before He Was a Superstar'. Hahaha! That was a ripper.
    What the hell was that Nicky Minaj performance? My daughter stayed up late to see her perform, her verdict - "That was disturbing!"
    Who were all the guitarists? I knew Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl and Paul McCartney but who were the others.
    That Adele is someone for you lot to be proud of, what a set of pipes!

14. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

Had all the advantages but chose drugs and a volatile relationship.
    Millions deserve more of my time and thoughts than her, and they invariably get it.
    Sadly the likes of her drain resources from those who genuinely need care and support through no fault of their own.
    Stuid, stupid person. Next.