1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

White Rose Maths Recording Question

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by smccann88, Jan 7, 2019.

1. smccann88

smccann88 New commenter

I teach Year 2 and we have just started using WRM, we haven't had the training yet and I can't find the answer to this in any of the scheme documents (or perhaps I'm missing them) but with multiplication/division for example, each step there is a Varied Fluency section and a Reasoning/Problem Solving section. Do I teach and get the children to complete the activities for VF in one session and the RPS in the next day's session, or are both meant to be consolidated into one single session? I know that Classroom secrets resources matches up to this scheme but if both are done in one lesson then there aren't enough to cover the amount of time allocated to each topic within Maths. Also for anyone that uses this scheme and resource how do you find it best for the children to record their work? Do you stick the question pages in? As we've always been told not to still in "worksheets" and avoid where possible but trimming them to have the children stick them in seems like a huge waste of time. :/
    Thanks in advance.

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Email White Rose Maths and ask them. Better yet, call them.