1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

White Noise

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Toomuchtooyoung, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Lead commenter

Interesting and worth a try. I wonder if it might help people who struggle to get to sleep like it does with babies.

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I have always rejected the noise-at-nighttime thing because a dripping gutter, a snoring husband, an irritating door-slam keep me awake for hours. But I realise now it's wrath. White noise isn't wrath-inducing. I tried, in desperation, a random Youtube thing- couldn't tell you the name - and it was just some bloke wombling on about tiredness with a moderate wind in the background.. Out like a light. Doesn't work twice for me but there are gazillions of others.
    So - message - don't reject anything out of hand until you give it a chance. I've heard of Belle's horrifying blanket thing that pins you down. Think I might actually have a panic attack but if I run out of YouTube bores, I'll definitely buy one.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Used this, and pink noise, with a child with hearing difficulties. It helped a bit, but sadly not as well as expected. Some of you with mild hearing loss-which you might not have noticed-might find this helps you sleep better (as the hearing loss increases, you'd also benefit from certain hearing aids-sadly the local NHS 'care' team wouldn't even try to get the type recommended for this child, but if you're a persn affected, it's worth seeing an audiologist).