1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which Video Editor Do You Use? (Windows)

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dagza, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I'm currently researching video editing packages and am curious what is out there as it has been a while since I looked at this last.
    It needs to be able to handle multiple video and audio tracks. Having chroma key / green screen ability would be a bonus.
    Thanks
    Darren

2. Hello,
    I'm currently researching video editing packages and am curious what is out there as it has been a while since I looked at this last.
    It needs to be able to handle multiple video and audio tracks. Having chroma key / green screen ability would be a bonus.
    Thanks
    Darren

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

serif movie plus - farcically easy to use and bloody cheap for a site licence too.

4. Dagza, grab the latest MicroMart magazine (I think it's on sale til Wednesday). It's got a couple of packages in there and a great tutorial on chroma key'ing with some free software, thought they did run into a trouble using it. Have a flick through in the shop to make sure it's the right one!!

5. Ditto Serif Video Plus. Chroma key is dead easy and you pick the colour you want to lose. Get in touch with Serif - They will send you out a copy of the full suite for free.

6. If you are on windows and want a real Non Linear Video Editor with zero cost, you could have a look at <a target="_blank">Lightworks[/URL]. Pulp fiction used it. It's an ex top pay for solution that has now gone free and open source. By the way with extensions MovieMaker will do simple blue/green screen, I haven't used an in betweener solution like serif...

7. Cheers.
    I have requested the serif evaluation and edut prices.
    Lightworks looks interesting! I shall download and explore tonight.

8. EssieP

EssieP New commenter

Adobe Premier CS2
    Yeah it does all that, right up to burning the output to a DVD.

9. Another vote for Serif - very versatile - lots of features at a great price.