1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which University secondary mathematics PGCE provider in London?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by aquila83, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I am thinking of applying for a secondary mathematics PGCE in London next September. I am already thinking of applying to the Institute of Education, but I don't really know which other good PGCE providers there are in London.

Any ideas?

2. Why not have a look at the performance profiles on the TDA website as these enable you to compare the PGCE providers with whom you would like to study.
    These profiles provide information, based on Ofsted inspection evidence, about the quality of courses, the proportion of their trainees gaining QTS on completion of their training, and how many enter a teaching job within six months of successfully completing the course. They are a very useful tool so that you can make an informed choice.
    It is also worth noting that all PGCE course providers will award you with QTS on successful completion of the programme and this will enable you to apply for any qualified teacher positions on an equal footing with other applicants. Schools will choose newly qualified teachers on merit and on the current needs of the school.
    I hope this helps and good luck with your application.
    Graham Holley