1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which supply agency

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by croc69, Jun 19, 2020.

1. croc69

croc69 New commenter

Dear all,
    I am a MFL head of department In the north west of England (wirral) but I am taking early Retirement from September. I would like to carry on teaching through a supply agency and I would like to know if you recommend one in particular ...
    Thank you for your support.
    Chris

2. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

Good afternoon Croc69 and welcome to the supply family.

Officially we cannot mention agencies on this forum, however I will send you a PM (personal message) with some agencies. I would also suggest that you sign up for a number of agencies and that you do not trust the bug%ers. Also you may find that as a supply, no matter that how many years you have been teaching, you become the lowest of the low, bur adopt our motto 'keep calm and don't let the Bug&ers get you down'. Supply can at times be tough (depending on the school, the kids and the SMT of the school, you will see the full contrasts in management and schools from the good to the those that would that should be closed), but when you go to the regular schools it can be enjoyable, especially when you are walking out in the knowledge that you have no meetings or paperwork to deal with, it is also a form of CPD in that you realise that every class and school is different and this builds on your skills as a teacher.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

PM sent