1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which skincare products?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Milliemoo13, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Milliemoo13

Milliemoo13 New commenter

Hello,

I know that this subject pales in to absolute insignificance to some of the other posts on this forum but I'm just looking for some advice.
    I came off the pill 9 months ago to start trying for a baby and my skin has been truly awful since then! I've always had really good skin with break outs restricted to period times but now it's horrific. My cheeks are covered in small red marks where I've picked and I'm suffering from huge red inflamed lumps on my chin. They aren't your average spot, with a head that you can squeeze ( sorry for tmi), they are red, throbbing, oil producing lumps that are painful to touch.
    So I'm reconsidering my skincare regime, I currently use the Eurcerin dermopurifyer range and have done for the past 3/4 years but I get married at the start of June and it's just not cutting it anymore!
    I'm considering Avené or the Nip+Fab glycolic range and wondered if anyone had any experiences with any or could recommend anything else? I've tried the Clinique range a few years ago and that wasn't for me either
    Thanks for any advice xx

2. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Hi,

It sounds to me like the pill was helping your skin to stay clear so I would suggest asking your gp for something that could help to clear your skin now off the pill. I'm no expert but I suppose you could be spending a fortune trying out different products when it may be hormonal x

Milliemoo13 likes this.