1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which resources would you recommend to teachers in your country?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gailrobinson, Mar 12, 2012.

1. We're looking for teachers working outside the UK to tell us about their favourite resources on TES. What resources do you find yourself going back to again and again? Which resource has helped you teach a tricky topic, or saved you time when you were up against it?

Post your recommended resources here - please let us know which country you teach in, which resources you'd recommend and why other teachers in your country might find them useful.

We're looking to encourage teachers from around the world who aren't yet members of TES to join, so they can make use of these great resources themselves. At the moment we are running a competition where for every friend you nominate who joins TES, you get a ticket into a weekly raffle to win £500 (or equivalent in your local currency). This is open to all TES members around the world. Find out more

2. We're looking for teachers working outside the UK to tell us about their favourite resources on TES. What resources do you find yourself going back to again and again? Which resource has helped you teach a tricky topic, or saved you time when you were up against it?

Post your recommended resources here - please let us know which country you teach in, which resources you'd recommend and why other teachers in your country might find them useful.

We're looking to encourage teachers from around the world who aren't yet members of TES to join, so they can make use of these great resources themselves. At the moment we are running a competition where for every friend you nominate who joins TES, you get a ticket into a weekly raffle to win £500 (or equivalent in your local currency). This is open to all TES members around the world. Find out more

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just spotted this thread.
    I teach Primary English (and a bit of Primary EveryThingElse when required) at a state school in Spain (from Infantil de 4 años up to 6°). For English we mainly use the OUP books and CDs, but I always like adding bits from the TES website resources, apart from anything else because you can customise them.
    Obviously the EAL Resources section, and the absolutely Gi-normous Primary Resources (just checked - there are 96,101 resources in Primary, and another 22,346 in EYFS [​IMG] ) are good sources of practically everything, but the MFL stuff is also very relevant to me.
    The one that is hugely popular at present is this powerpoint:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/noughts-and-crosses-multi-topic-ppt-that-behaves-like-an-IWB-3009392/
    As it has no language in it at all, it is immediately usable for EAL. You can make new games by copying a current slide and then just changing the pictures. You can even put in words if you wish. I let the team that gets the best in something - the homework, the tidy-the-classroom, the coming-in-quietly-from-recreo or whatever, choose the vocabulary that they will set as tests to their colleagues.
    You need an electronic whiteboard (or a projector from a computer) for playing it, but not interactive software.
    And you must look at this: https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Ideas-for-MFL-Games-6004694/
    Although in PP format, it is not for use in class. It is basically a collection of quick games that can be played in any language-learning class, many of them with little or no preparation or equipment. With three or four of these up your sleeve, you are never at a loss.
    Love it!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Have you subscribed to your subjects Newsletter? That way you can get sent links to top resources quite easily.
    Neither did I. Nor do I see any arrogance in TES asking what people think of the resources created by the thousands of people (worldwide) who have taken the time and effort to share them. x