1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which reference to use

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Nov 9, 2011.

1. For all my job applications I have used my mentor from my first placement school as I got on with him quite well and he was very supportive whilst I was training. No-one during any interviews has ever asked why I put him down, as opposed to my mentor from my second placement. I would say put down the person who you know is happy to be your reference, and is most likely to say positive things about you!

2. Also, if anyone does ask, you could always say you tried to get in touch with your mentor from you second school, but they were un-contactable!

3. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Thank for your kind and supportive replies. I have still not heard from the second Mentor. My first is desperate for me to use her as she has keeps telling me that I am a fantastic teacher and how she would welcome me applying to her school should she have a vacancy!

4. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly the situation I am in. Just not certain what no 2 mentor would say give the lack of response - but I don't know what is going on in her life which could prevent her from responding to my request, but I have to think would she respond to a reference request in the same manner!