1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which portable hard drive?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

This was pointed out to me when I asked a techy at school about a potable hard drive. To emphasise the point, the following week my HoF's potable hard drive 'died' with no apparent reason. can you imgine? A HoF's records info etc, gone! And, before you ask, not all of it was backed up. I thought he'd go grey overnight!
    In view of the advice and HoF's 'loss', I asked Father Christmas to bring me a 32 GB memory stick. Obviously, I must have been a good girl last year as he did bring one fo me!! [​IMG]

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Some of the best prices on Portable HDDs are Currys and Aldi. Aldi don't sell them all the time but they offer a three year warranty as standard. You have to get into the store on the morning of the first day they're on offer though as they go quick.

Another alternative - if you've got an old laptop or PC, whip the old HDD out, buy a case with a USB socket on it, reformat it and use that.

3. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Thanks, I have taken your advice and gone for this option!!