1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

which pay scale?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Rach63, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I am being offered a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave in a school 1 day per week. I completed threshold in 2003 and was paid on UPS 1 for 3 years (due to combination of going part-time, maternity leave myself and missing a round of PM) I left teaching in 2006 but have been working in a PVI nursery for last 3 years. Info has just come from the school saying HR have recommended I be paid at M6 but I'm not sure if this refers to County HR or just the governors. What do I do? I thought you couldn't drop back 'under' threshold but is it because I've been out of the classroom for so long? If I accept this do I have to reapply for threshold?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You cannot drop down, they cannot drop you down and someone has made an error here.
    They are obliged to pay you at the appropriate point - you should actually be on UPS2 by now.

3. Thank you Middlemarch. When you say I should be on UPS2 is this just based on my years teaching? I thought I had to apply for it and have never done so.

4. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

no "application" but it is based on 2 years successful PM;so whilst you SHOULD be on UPS2, I suppose there could be an issue if you do not have that PM evidence