1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which level 3 course????

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by coll26, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Just wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for level 3 courses for TA's? I know they all cover same syllabus etc but its probably going to be a home learning one that i do as no courses are due to start again now till either easter or sept 2012.
    I am currently employed as a TA and have the ncfe level 2 which was at a local college, but sadly the majority of courses in area are during day.
    Any advice really appreciated!

2. Just wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for level 3 courses for TA's? I know they all cover same syllabus etc but its probably going to be a home learning one that i do as no courses are due to start again now till either easter or sept 2012.
    I am currently employed as a TA and have the ncfe level 2 which was at a local college, but sadly the majority of courses in area are during day.
    Any advice really appreciated!

3. Hi, I have recently completed my level 3 ncfe through elearn/stonebridge associated college. Its a home study course and I managed to complete it in about 6 months. I found them really helpful and all my emails were responded to very quickly.

4. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Check which qualifications your area recognise.
    I looked into doing the NCFE course but when I asked the HT she had never heard of them - it put me off so I'm looking into doing a Cache course instead.

5. Hi
    I would check with CWDC or Ofqual if your qualification is relevant.

I completed 2 distance learning courses with stonebridge only to find out that they are not full and relevant or acredited and further training was required.