1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which laptops

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ResourceCentre, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ResourceCentre

ResourceCentre New commenter

<font size="2">What do people have at school for children to use at the
    moment? Quite fond of Dells but not sure which model is best school
    proof. Looking to buy a class set if possible so looking budget but reliable.</font>

2. Lenovo are reliable with the exception of the keyboards which are easy enough to pick at and remove the keys from. Have an Asus personally which has been 100% reliable for two years but the shiny case scratches up like nothing I've owned before.
    From experience, we avoid HP as we bought 15 nx6325s and a bunch of others, the model number of which I can't remember. The 6325s ground slowly to a halt, all dying withing 4 months of each other and the newer ones keeled over at around the same time. The latter it turns out, have a design flaw similar to the early XBox360s where the motherboard flexes due to poor cooling, breaking the CPU's contact with the solder joints. Utter rubbish basically.
    Never used Dell as I tend to avoid them due to high spares prices but like Marmite, people either seem to love or hate them.