1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which kindle to upgrade to?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by grumbleweed, Sep 5, 2015.

1. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Hello more experienced kindle users.

I have an aging kindle keyboard which is well used but is worn on the keys, slow and a bit heavier than I'd like. I've been advised to get a kindle paperwhite as I have poor vision, but I can't really see much difference between the new paperwhite and the voyage except the price tag. Can anyone tell me why I should part with an extra 60 quid for the voyage? It seems it's lighter and has this fancy page turner but is there anything else deserving of the price tag,.

Second question, I love my tuff luv hemp cover, does anyone know if all paperwhite models would fit the same cover as they only mention kindle touch/voyage on their newer covers but don't say which models and I can't work out what fits what.

Thanks

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Can't really answer your question but thought I'd drop in to say my kindle paperwhite worked marvellously while we were on our holiday. So much better than hauling round the old rough guide.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi there Grumble

I have both a PW and a Voyage.

Hadn't noticed that the Voy is lighter than the PW, to be honest! But they are both in cases, and the cases are different.

I think that the Voy has greater storage capacity, but unless you are insisting on carrying all your books on there at the same time, that is not very important.

I had a PW which I loved, and still do, but . . .

But the screen on my PW is not very responsive and sometimes it takes ages to turn a page. So when the Voy came out I bought that because of the touchscreen PLUS page turner on the frame. However the frame pageturner is not as good as on my KK (yes, I've got one of those too, in fact I have one of every type of kindle, much to my shame). But this is the one I use on a daily basis, the PW is a back-up.

My PW was the first model to come out, I don't doubt that the Voy frame pageturner was introduced because i wasn't the only one with this problem. But since then there have been new models, and I haven't seen any current grumbles about the touchscreen on the PW, so I would go for that.

Best wishes and happy kindling!

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Thanks the. I had trouble logging in to thank you for your answer. The standard paperwhite it is then, it will only be my second kindle and it sounds like it will suit me fine