1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

which julia donaldson book, is best to encourage social confidence??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mandi2302, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I am looking for a book to share with Year 2, to help improve social confidence, this age group seems to really enjoy Julia Donaldson so thought i would use one of her books, but which would be best to imporve social confidence. I am thinking possibly Zog, but am struggling to come up with some activities to accompany this book. any suggestions??

2. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Or The Smartest Giant In Town - nice moral in that one.

Don't know Zog - will have to get it now!

3. Tiddler the story telling fish is great and would be good for this age group. Lovely panto style repeating line which children soon catch onto. V positive message too. Opportunities for children to make up their own stories to tell to others as opposed to writing them. We talk about the value of story telling but insist the children write their own too often. Notes/prompt cards or props to go with their stories would be valid activities to build towards the end result. Eve

4. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Tyrannosaurus Drip - be true to yourself and have the confidence to be different.
    You could explore what makes everyone special and what their own unique qualities are. Get the class to write positive notes about each other and share them at circle time. Discuss examples when they might need to stand up for their own views and not bow to peer pressure - good for role play.

5. thanks i will have a look at this book, have not seen it before.

6. I know its not Julia Donaldso, but I love using Elmer as a social story.