1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which jobs to include?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Bex28, Feb 20, 2011.

1. This is probably a silly question, but...
    I'm currently halfway through filling out an application, and there are three blank spaces for previous jobs. Now, teaching-wise I've only had one job, my current one where I joined as an NQT! Before this I was in full-time education at Uni, I always had part-time jobs (receptionist, waitress, etc) but obviously feel a bit silly putting these when it really has no relation to education whatsoever - although I do argue that once you've been a hotel receptionist, Year 11 Set 5 are a piece of cake!
    I seem to remember that when I applied for my current job I put my placement schools down, but now that seems a bit silly too.
    So, do I put down the previous part-time jobs, do I put my placement schools down, or do I leave a big blank space for the sake of simplicity???
    Thanks in advance for any advice! I know I'm probably overthinking the situation, but I'm applying to a school that I really love the look of, and don't want to muck up the application in any way.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Is there a section on 'Other employment' on the form? If so, put 'Placement in schools x, y & z. Other temporary work during Uni including short-term work as receptionist, waitress etc.
    Hope that's correct but it's what I'd do on my form which do have a section like this.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, good answer from Lara!
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. Thanks very much - it all just comes under employment history. I think I'll put the placements down, then and do it that way. I've clearly marked them as PGCE placements, so can't imagine there woud be any confusion!
    Thanks again :)