1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which is more employable? - Question for headteachers/ recruiters..

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tigsley, Jan 12, 2012.

1. So many views.. anyone dare to coment - I want you guys to be blunt for me.. if you think I'd get more response in a different forum - let me know that too :)

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Personally it would be the one with the most current knowledge of Early years practice and legislation. Foundation Stage counts as one third of the school for OFSTED purposes and I wouldn't want to employ anyone as FS leader who MIGHT not be up to date.

3. as a leader, you'd need up to date knowledge, so I'd say post A
    ........................and perhaps someone that could spell opportunity! [​IMG]

4. becky70

becky70 New commenter

Try the Headteacher forum - there are plenty of primary heads on there! Also, the Early Years and Primary forums may be worth a try - the Primary forum is far busier than this one so more people will read your posts.
    I would have thought staying as Foundation Stage leader would make you more employable for future Foundation stage leader posts.