1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Which Interactive whiteboards do you use in your school?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by DEmsley, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Most schools are no longer tied to the LA support structure and therefore are free to choose. You're going to get two main responses here - SMART and Promethean. Both advocates will swear theirs is best.
    I'd therefore be tempted to go for developing work using software that is board-independant - such as flash or powerpoint, etc.

2. To be honest, I thought the general concensus on here was that most Secondary School ICT teachers (can't speak for other subjects) prefer to use projectors and there will be a substantial body of posters on this forum who have been permitted to select them in place of silly IWBs.
    Of course, I would have thought that that is a minority position for one subject only.
    But generally, where staff are unfortunate to have these things foisted on them, the choices would be as per what Demsley says.